Bill devotes the majority of his practice to the defense of insurance coverage and bad faith claims, construction litigation, and product liability matters. He has taken more than 100 cases to trial and has successfully defended many of these in front of a jury.
Over the course of his legal career, Bill has provided successful representation for major insurance carriers regarding bad faith claims, numerous product liability claims, e.g. a major heavy duty truck manufacturer and a manufacturer of press brakes and shears, as well as successful representation of a major insurance carrier in an action relating to a catastrophic construction accident that involved numerous personal injury and property damage claims.
In 1966 Bill graduated from the University of Notre Dame. Thereafter, he attended Rutgers University School of Law where he earned his juris doctor in 1970. He is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Bill has given a number of presentations to clients regarding bad faith issues, and has frequently served as a panelist at seminars relating to bad faith organized by the National Business Institute and the Pennsylvania Law Institute. He has also given presentations relating to trial advocacy and other issues.
Bill has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in the years 2006 through the present.
Various Seminars regarding Bad Faith, National Business Institute (NBI), 2001 - 2003
Bad Faith Update, Pennsylvania Bar Institute Annual Seminar, Atlantic City, NJ, 2000 - 2003, 2007
PLI Seminar, 2002, 2003
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law, Newark, Newark, New Jersey, (J.D., 1970)
University of Notre Dame (B.B.A., 1966)
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law, Newark, Newark, New Jersey, (J.D., 1970)
- University of Notre Dame (B.B.A., 1966)
- Pennsylvania, 1970
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1970
- New Jersey, 1990
- U.S. District Court of New Jersey, 1990
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1990
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2000
Associations & Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, 2006-2016