Steven, a shareholder in the firm's Health Care Department, has extensive experience handling trial and appellate matters in high-exposure and high-profile cases for physicians, hospitals, professional liability insurance carriers, general liability insurance carriers and automobile insurance carriers. Steven has had primary responsibility for jury and non-jury trials in both state and federal courts in multiple jurisdictions.
Steven is frequently asked by clients and industry organizations to lecture on a variety of topics concerning risk management and other legal topics affecting the health care industry. In 2006, he was named as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star.
Steven graduated from The Pennsylvania State University in 1991, and received his juris doctor from Ohio Northern University in 1994. He is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania, New York and West Virginia. Steven is admitted to appear before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia, Second and Third Judicial Departments in New York, and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Getting Sanctions Under The Certificate of Merit Rules
Health Care Summit: Tackling Emerging Trends in Health Care Beyond Tort Reform, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2009, speaker
Past Employment Positions
White and Williams
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, OH (J.S., 1994)
- Pennsylvania State University, Altoona, PA (B.A., 1991)
- Pennsylvania, 1994
- New York
- West Virginia, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
Associations & Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2006