Jeannie is a member of the Professional Liability Department, where she concentrates her practice on professional negligence claims, condominium and homeowner association disputes, Florida and Federal Fair Housing Act, 1983 claims, Breach of Fiduciary actions, complex business litigation and general liability cases. Jeannie represents a wide variety of clients such as condominium and homeowner associations, management organizations (not-for-profit), churches, architects, engineers, contractors, subcontractors, debt collectors, insurance brokers/agents, lawyers and title agents.
The cases that Jeannie handles are based on a wide variety of legal theories, which include general and professional negligence, Florida Whistle Blower Act, 1983 violations, Fair Housing Act, including discrimination and requests for reasonable accommodations. She is also experienced in theories of pregnancy discrimination, race, age and gender discrimination, sexual orientation discrimination (Miami-Dade Code), retaliatory employment termination, Florida Unfair Trade Practices Act, violations under FDCPA/FCCPA/TCPA and breach of contract.
In 2001, Jeannie graduated from Florida State University obtaining her B.S. degree and majoring in political science. She then went on to earn her juris doctor from the St. Thomas University School of Law in 2004, graduating with honors. After joining Marshall Dennehey, Jeannie was a participant in the firm’s Advanced Trial Advocacy Mock Trial Program.
After graduating law school in 2004, Jeannie joined a south Florida law firm primarily handling cases involving commercial real estate development, land use and zoning. Jeannie continued to handle a variety of real estate transactional matters in Miami, Fort Myers and Orlando, Florida, including the issuance of title insurance on various commercial and residential real estate and financial transactions, lender representation, condominium law and real estate litigation.
Areas of Practice
St Thomas University School of Law, Miami, Florida, 2004 J.D.
Honors: Top 20%
Florida State University, 2001 B.S.
Major: Political Science
"At-Will Employees--How Can the Florida Employer Protect Itself From the Time and Expense of Unwarranted Litigation?" Defense Digest, September 2011
Past Employment Positions
Thorne & Storey, P.A., Orlando, Florida
Garvin & Tripp, Ft. Myers, Florida
Villanueva & Bajandas, LLP, Miami & Fort Myers, Florida
Areas of Practice
- Florida State University (B.S.,2001)
- St. Thomas University School of Law (J.D., 2004)
- Florida, 2004
- U.S District Court Southern District of Florida, 2010
Associations & Memberships
- Apartment Association of Greater Orlando (2008-2009)
- Broward County Bar Association (2004-2006 and 2009-Present)
- Central Florida Association of Women Lawyers (2008-2009)
- Orange County Bar Association
- The Stephen R. Booher American Inn of Courts (2003-2006 and 2009-Present)
- Member of the Mayersohn-Hyman Foundation - November 9, 2013 - "15 Minutes of Fame Fundraiser"
- Starlight Childrens Foundation Member 2012 & Participant in the 2012 "Hats & Handbag Event"
- The Humane Society of Broward County (2004-2006 & 2012)