Chanel is an associate in the Health Care Liability Practice Group in the firm's Orlando office. She devotes her practice to defending claims involving medical malpractice, nursing home negligence and other health care liability matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Chanel worked as a defense attorney representing skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies, nurses and other medical specialists in health care litigation. She also spent several years as a paralegal in the insurance defense arena prior to attending law school.
Chanel is a member of the Florida Bar, Orange County Bar Association and Central Florida Medical Malpractice Claims Council. She also serves as a board member for the Young Lawyers Section of the Orange County Bar Association and as a volunteer tax preparer for the Orange County Legal Aid Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program.
Past Employment Positions
Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A.
Teaching Assistant for Legal Research and Writing, 2008-2009
Pro Bono Activities
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Volunteer Tax Preparer
Orange County Bar Association Young Lawyers' Section, Law School Mentor
Barry University School of Law, Orlando, Florida, 2009 J.D.
University of Central Florida, Union Park, Florida, 2006 B.S.
Honors: cum laude
- Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- University of Central Florida (B.S., cum laude, 2006)
- Florida, 2009
Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section VITA Lieutenant Governor, 2007-2008
- Central Florida Medical Malpractice Claims Council
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Notary Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Student Bar Association, Committee Member, 2006-2008
Year Joined Organization: 2011
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity