Significant Representative Matters
Successfully resolved numerous declaratory judgment actions seeking insurance coverage from numerous insurers wherein plaintiff corporations demanded payment of $100 million(+) to resolve claims seeking environmental coverage, coverage for hearing loss, coverage for asbestos claims, and various other types of claims.
Successfully defended case via jury trial wherein plaintiff physician sought several million dollars in coverage for long term disability coverage. Client was the insurance agent that sold the policies in question.
Areas of Practice
- Common Sense Ways to Increase Minority Representation Among Interviewees
- DRI Annual Meeting - Technology and Law
- DRI Annual Meeting - The Use of E-Mail and Electronic Documents Storage
- DRI Electronic Discovery Seminar - Chicago, Illinois
- DRI Insurance Roundtable - Recent Developments Concerning Class Action Litigation - Chicago, Illinois
- DRI Insurance Coverage and Practice Seminar - New York, New York
- Seminars presented for PICPA - Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, National Insurance Industry Association
Areas of Practice
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1979 J.D.
- Millersville University, 1976 B.A.
- Pennsylvania, 1979
Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (Board of Directors, 2001-2004)
- Insurance Society of Philadelphia (Member of Board of Directors)
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel (Past President)
- Philadelphia Bar Association (former Member of Board of Governors)
Honors & Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, 2009-2013